AVAILABLE FOR SHORT LET, subject to government guidelines. A stunning and contemporary, recently refurbished, fully furnished Grade II listed 7 bed house and 1 bed cottage located in a much the sought after Cotswold Village of Swinbrook, near Burford. With good access to Oxford and London.
Recently remodelled to a very high standard. A large, detached Grade II listed home, dating from the 16th Century and built on the site of a former monastery, a combination of modern features and Cotswold character.
From the main entrance hall you arrive in the heart of the property with a gorgeous and massive open plan kitchen/dining/living/entertaining area, with direct access to the terrace and gardens. There is a separate larder off the kitchen and also a utility and boot room with further access to the exterior.
The main entrance hall also provides access upstairs and to a cool downstairs loo. Away from the main entertaining area you will find two further, cosy reception rooms, one with open fire and the other with a wood burner, offering quieter, relaxing spaces.
In addition to the terrace, there is a beautiful and well established walled garden laid mostly to lawn, providing absolute privacy and a great space in which to entertain friends and family.
Master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing room
Two further large double bedrooms, one with a large en suite bathroom
One further smaller children's bedroom with bunk beds
Three more generous sized bedrooms with an additional TV/Gaming/Chill-out space
Two family bathrooms
Detached additional accommodation.
Open plan sitting room, kitchen/living space and loo
Double bedroom with en suite
Pub within 1 mile
Off street parking
Things to Note...
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Infant friendly - There is 1 travel cot and highchair at this property, which are available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as these are not provided)
- Dog friendly – up to 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome for an additional charge of £40 per dog. Please refer to our pet rules on our FAQ page for more information.
- There are woodburners at the property - please note that logs are only supplied to guests between 1st October – 30th April.
- The driveway is accessible for all vehicles and there is enough parking for up to 5 cars.
- There is an enclosed garden including lawn and terrace with outdoor table and chairs.
- Children and dogs will need to be accompanied at all times.
- TV facilities TBC (numbers and locations)
- WiFi installed
- BBQ – please note that coal and gas are only supplied to guests between 1st April – 30th September.
- Hot tub compatibility TBC - please ask us for more information.
If you choose not to add damage deposit cover at the point of booking, then we will require a security deposit of £1000.
This property sleeps a total of 16 guests - 14 people in 7 bedrooms in the main house and 2 people in 1 bedroom in the garden cottage.
Events are not permitted without prior consent.
Check in is from 16:00
Check out is by 10:00 on weekdays and Saturdays, and 11:00 on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Located close to Burford, the little village of Swinbrook is a beautiful and typical Cotswold village consisting of traditional Cotswold stone houses, complete with village pub, the famous Swan Inn. The shallow “brook” runs through the heart of the village before joining the River Windrush, famous for its trout fishing. Swinbrook is less than 10 minutes from Burford and the A40 offering easy access to both Oxford and Cheltenham. There are also good train services from Charlbury to London Paddington (approximately ?85 minutes) and Oxford Parkway to Marylebone. (57 mins) The Swan at Swinbrook is a great place for food and drink and also provides a guide to three circular walking routes all from the front door!