Updated 11th May 2020
StayCotswold will update this page with any further direction from the government as and when the end of the current period of lockdown is completed.
We would like to ask all our guests to be patient and polite during this unprecedented time when contacting our team.
Many of our members of staff are furloughed at this time and those remaining are working extremely hard, remotely, to process all enquiries. We are currently contacting all guests due to arrive before 3rd July 2020, to re-schedule bookings if they require as per the new government guidelines.
Please note, we are not offering refunds on bookings so that we comply with our booking conditions for both owners and guests. We are an agent for the holiday homeowners, which means that we provide the marketing, booking and payment service along with customer service support. We are always here to support our customers and our owners.
If you need to contact us, you may do so by phone or email. When calling you will need to leave a voicemail, but please be assured that these messages are being accessed remotely and someone will come back to you as soon as possible, usually within 60 minutes, during normal working hours.
Before contacting us please read our guidelines below:
What do I do if…
- I am due to travel before the 3rd July 2020?
- I am due to travel after 4th July 2020?
- I would like to book to enjoy the Cotswolds later in the year or 2021?
I am due to travel before 3rd July 2020?
If you cannot travel and if StayCotswold has not already been in touch, please contact us to requests a date change to postpone your holiday in The Cotswolds.
If you want to change the dates of your holiday, we will endeavour to do this for any arrivals prior to the 3rd July 2020. All changes to holiday dates will need to be confirmed and agreed with the owner of the property. If the dates are changed to a higher rate band than the dates originally booked, then the guest will need to pay the difference in cost.
We are working closely with our holiday homeowners to do everything we can for our customers.
If you wish to cancel your booking, please contact your travel insurance company to make a claim. We will support you with any paperwork you may need.
I am due to travel after 4th July 2020?
Our normal terms and conditions apply for any bookings due to arrive after 4th July 2020 at present.
The government has currently advised that accommodation will be opened from 4th July 2020. The majority of holiday letting companies are only offering date changes to guests due to arrive in May. As a business, we understand that the current situation is difficult hence we are allowing changes all the way up to this date.
- If you have chosen not to travel, or do not wish to pay your outstanding balance then please contact us and we will cancel your booking. You will need to contact your travel insurance company to make a claim. We will support you with any paperwork you may need.
- If you have not yet paid the balance of your holiday (due 8 weeks prior to arrival) we would request, you do this. Balances must be paid within 10 days of their due date to ensure the booking is not cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- If the government guidelines change and travelling to a UK holiday home is not permitted after the 4th July 2020, we will contact guests in due course to offer alternative dates or credit vouchers. We will not offer this until an update from the government has been given to say this.
- Over 8 weeks before arrival date 30% will be charged (the booking deposit).
- Inside of 8 weeks before arrival 100% will be charged (the booking full payment).
I would like to book to enjoy the Cotswolds later in the year or 2021?
Please note that we are currently not taking bookings arriving before 7th May 2020, in line with the government guidelines and the extension of the lockdown period. Our holiday homes are available later in the year and into 2021 if you would like to plan ahead please send us an enquiry.
Thank you for all your support during this exceedingly difficult time.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Cotswolds when the current situation has improved, and restrictions have been relaxed.
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch with a member of the team by email or call us on 01993 259 444.