Twigs is a beautiful Cotswold retreat, tucked away in the little rural village of Langford, close to the Cotswold towns of Burford and Lechlade and a short drive to The Cotswold Wildlife park. Lovingly refurbished by the current owners, the property offers supreme comfort for 2 guests in modern accommodation, all situated on one level. Relax and enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace whilst admiring the beautiful garden and countryside beyond, or snuggle up in front of the feature fireplace in the colder months. Custom built and attached to the owners' home means the lovely owners are on hand if needed during your stay. The rural location is the perfect place to relax, unwind and explore all the Cotswolds has to offer!
Sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom
Twigs is all on one level
The living room offers plenty of comfort with large patio doors opening out to the beautiful garden, providing stunning views of the Cotswold countryside. Around the exposed brick fireplace and wood burning stove are comfortable sofas, arm chair and chaise lounge. If you can tear your eyes away from the beautiful view across the garden, there is a Smart TV. The light and modern kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher and plenty more to cook an amazing meal. At the end of the kitchen there is a table for 4. The kitchen is also equipped with a washing machine and tumble dryer. Luxurious bathroom with separate shower enclosure, stylish bath tub, toilet and heated towel rail.
Master bedroom(sleeps 2) - Super King size bed and Smart TV.
Large garden which is shared with the owners.
Terrace with outdoor seating and beautiful views.
Parking for 2 cars on private gravel drive.
Pub within 1 mile
Shop within 1 mile
Off street parking
Things to Note...
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Infant friendly - there is 1 travel cot and 1 highchair available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as these are not provided)
- Parking is available on a gravel drive way for up to 2 cars
- Twigs has BT super fast fibre broadband wif-fi (speed not guaranteed)
- You will find Smart TVs in the living room and the bedroom
- Mobile reception is good with Vodafone, but patchy with other service providers
- The garden is fully enclosed, either by Cotswold stone wall or by fencing and gate
- Wood burner – please note that logs are only supplied to guests between 1st October – 30th April.
- Charcoal BBQ – please note that coal and gas are only supplied to guests between 1st April – 30th September.
If you choose not to add security deposit cover at the point of booking, then we will require a security deposit of £250.
Events are not permitted without prior consent.
Check in is from 16:00
Check out is by 10:00 on weekdays and Saturdays, and 11:00 on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
The pretty rural village of Langford is located close to the villages and towns of Filkins (know for The Five Alls Pub), Lechlade (where you can rent a boat on the river) and Burford (a mediaeval town with plenty of history. Within the village there is The Bell Inn, an excellent pub, offering delicious pub food with a great wine list! Giles Robin Patrick Coren a British food writer visited The Bell Inn and recently wrote (in January 2018), “On the final day of 2017, I had not just the best mouthful of the year, but the best mouthful of my life” which was published in The Times!
While you are here, why not also visit nearby Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford Garden Centre, Kelmscott Manor, Crocodiles of the World, Upton Smokery and the Cotswold Water Park. You will not tire of things to do. There are also numerous fairs, markets and exhibitions in local towns and villages throughout the year!