Luxury dog friendly holiday cottage in the Cotswolds with a hot tub
Shaven Cottage is a beautifully refurbished luxury Cotswold holiday cottage which sleeps 8+2 guests, in four well-appointed bedrooms, with the +2 option being a double sofa bed, with three spacious bathrooms. On the ground floor you have a stylish open plan kitchen/dining room which leads out into the split level garden, boasting plenty of outdoor seating and a fire pit, a space to enjoy all year round. Indoors there are three cosy living rooms and lovely features including exposed stone, original beams, inglenook fireplaces and three wood burners. Shaven Cottage is a dog friendly holiday home, suitable for two medium sized dogs, and also has a hot tub!
This four bedroom holiday cottage in Shipton-under-Wychwood is perfectly suited for those looking to get together with family and friends, exploring the local countryside and eateries. The accommodation is laid out as follows:
Sunny aspect, exposed stone walls, wood burner, 42” Smart TV, two-seater sofa, two armchairs and selection of board games
Sunny aspect, inglenook fireplace with wood burner, two three-seater sofas and two armchairs
Wood burner, four-seater chaise sofa, 50” Smart TV and PlayStation games console
Bi-fold doors to the garden, central island with granite worktops and three bar stools, two ovens, gas hob, fridge, butler sink with waste disposal, wine fridge, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetière and ten-seater dining table with chairs
Washing machine/tumble dryer, freezer, vacuum, iron and ironing board
Master bedroom with ensuite (Sleeps 2)
Dual aspect, super king size bed, armchair, two bedside tables and dressing table
Dressing room with built-in wardrobes, chair and full length mirror
Ensuite with shower, loo, basin, heated towel rail and hair dryer
Bedroom 3 (Sleeps 2+2)
Double bed, double sofa bed (available on request), built-in wardrobe, two bedside tables and hair dryer
Bedroom 4 (Sleeps 2)
King size bed, built-in wardrobes, chest of drawers, two bedside tables and hair dryer
Roll top bath, shower, loo, basin and heated towel rail
Bedroom 2 with ensuite and mezzanine (Sleeps 2)
Accessed via a separate staircase from the sitting room, king size bed, built-in wardrobe, full length mirror and armchair
Accessed via a ladder, mezzanine with soft seating
Ensuite with shower, loo, basin, heated towel rail and hair dryer
Patio, decked area and elevated lawn with hot tub, gas fire pit, outdoor seating, outdoor table seating ten, parasol and charcoal BBQ
With a contribution to the honesty box, there is an electric charging point for your use
The Finer Details
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Off street parking is available for 2 cars on the narrow driveway, and there is 1 additional parking space for larger vehicles in The Shaven Crown Hotel's car park
- 1 travel cot, 1 highchair and 2 stair gates are available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as this is not provided)
- 2 medium sized dogs are welcome for an additional £40 per booking per dog. For pet rules, please visit our FAQs
- Strong WiFi (Download speed 60.69 Mbps)
- Mobile phone reception is generally OK
- 2 Smart TVs
- Enclosed garden with split level layout
- Charcoal BBQ (guests are responsible for providing charcoal and cleaning BBQ after use)
- Hot tub
- Gas central heating system
- Starter supply of wood provided for the wood burning stoves from October to April only
- The mezzanine level is accessed via a ladder
- There are some low doorways in the property
- The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk
- No smoking or vaping is permitted throughout the property
- The maximum occupancy for this property is 10 guests. Infants do not count towards the occupancy figure, however, due to space restrictions the occupancy can only be exceeded by 2 additional infants
- Hen, Stag and other same sex groups are not permitted
- Commercial and work related bookings are not permitted
- Events are not permitted without prior consent
- A security deposit is required at this property
- Check in is from 16:00 and check out is by 10:00
A security deposit of £350 is required for bookings at this property. This amount will be pre-authorised on your credit card 1 day prior to your arrival date, providing no damage is reported the pre-authorisation will be released 5 days after your departure. For the avoidance of doubt, guests are requested to leave the property in a reasonable condition, consistent with the property's appearance upon arrival.
Booking & Payment
StayCotswold is a marketing agent and therefore does not own any of the cottages listed on our website. In terms of cleaning and maintenance, the properties within our portfolio are managed by a third party property manager or the property owner – your pre-arrival email will contain confirmation and contact details for the person managing your property. Bookings made via us form a legal agreement directly between you and the property owner.
For bookings commencing more than 8 weeks in advance, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance payment is then due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
All payments are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the standard Booking Conditions.
Shaven Cottage is located in the heart of The Wychwoods, with a fabulous selection of gastropubs on your doorstep. Enjoy a visit to The Lamb in Shipton-under-Wychwood, The Hare in Milton-under-Wychwood or The Swan in Ascott-under-Wychwood.
For your shopping essentials, there is a local Co-op in Milton-under-Wychwood.
Shipton is very well-connected to London, with direct trains from London Paddington, so a car is not essential for a quiet break in the country.
You can arrive and depart on any day you like, for 2 nights or more, however if you select Monday and/or Friday as your change over days you will achieve the optimum price.
13th October 2021
We had a very nice and relaxing stay in Shaven Cottage which was beautiful and also wonderfully clean and warm and cosy. Driveway is a little bit tight but fine once you're in! Good location and close to a super pub. Thanks for all help and assistance.
06th October 2021
We have just had the most wonderful stay at Shaven Cottage for my 60th! This cottage is awesome. Every room is decorated to the highest standard. It felt like we were in a brand new place. It has everything you need and the garden with the hot tub and fire pit were just the icing on the cake. There are some lovely pubs within walking distance and some beautiful villages a short drive away such as Bourton on the Water. I have stayed in numerous houses/cottages over the years and this one is by far the best! We will definitely return. Thank you!
02nd October 2021
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Shaven Cottage and would definitely stay here again. The house was extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated throughout.