If you are looking for the quintessential Cotswold cottage with a touch of class, then look no further! The Thatched Cottage is a luxurious four bedroomed holiday cottage in the Cotswolds, located in the quiet and unique hamlet of Chilson. This pet friendly cottage is nestled in typical Cotswold countryside between Chipping Norton and Burford - perfect for stunning dog walks. With London rail access via Charlbury, Kingham and Shipton all near by, it is also close to Soho Farmhouse and Dalesford Organics.
This perfect 4 bed cottage offers luxurious and comfortable accommodation for 8 people. The Thatched Cottage is both family and pet friendly.
The spacious hall way has plenty of room for muddy boots, shoes and coats after long Cotswold countryside walks.
The kitchen diner is well equipped with a fabulous Rangemaster electric oven and hob, large fridge-freezer, dishwasher and ample high-quality crockery, cutlery and glassware. The kitchen is spacious, accommodating a matching granite island unit and large dining table with comfortable dining chairs. This space is light and airy with doors out into the patio and garden for easy summer dining. The utility room also provides a washing machine, tumble dryer and extra sink. A downstairs cloakroom with basin and WC is located between the kitchen and utility rooms.
The sitting room features a beautiful open fireplace and lots of comfortable seating with a combination of sofas and chairs. This room is the largest in the cottage, providing space for a dedicated backgammon table, an antique burea and a bar. The flat screen TV offers SkyPlus and there is also a wireless speaker and wi-fi is available throughout the cottage. There are views out to the garden from the sitting room.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
All the bedrooms benefit from SkyPlus and the beds all have top quality luxurious horsehair mattresses. Each bedroom also has unique bedside tables, a dressing table and chair and wifi is available throughout the upstairs. Three out of the four bedrooms are also en suite.
Bedroom 1 – Master Emperor bedroom with crib and en suite bathroom
Bedroom 2 – Superking bedroom with en suite shower room.
Bedroom 3 – Superking bedroom with en suite shower room.
Bedroom 4 – Superking bedroom with crib and changing table.
Family bathroom located on the landing outside bedroom 4. Bath and large walk in shower.
The garden is located to the rear of the cottage with the area directly outside the house laid with a stone patio. There you will find garden furniture and a BBQ for use in the summer months. Parking is available on the road directly outside the property, but as this is a quiet hamlet you won't have any problems parking there.
Things to Note...
- Bed linen and towels are provided
- Infant friendly – there are 2 travel cots and 2 highchairs available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as these are not provided)
- Dog friendly – well behaved dogs are welcome for an additional charge of £40 per dog.
- There is on road parking at the front of the property. As the property is in a small hamlet you should not have any issues with parking availbilty.
- Good speed WiFi
- TV with SkyPlus
- Fireplace – please note that logs are only supplied to guests between 1st October – 30th April. Please be sure that the fireguard is used.
- BBQ – please note that coal and gas are only supplied to guests between 1st April – 30th September. Please be sure that this is used away from the property as it has a thatched roof.
- A private garden to the rear of the house with outdoor table and chairs. The garden is not fully enclosed so dogs and children will need to be accompanied.
If you choose not to add damage deposit cover at the point of booking, then we will require a security deposit of £500.
Events are not permitted without prior consent
Check in is from 16:00
Check out is by 10:00 on weekdays and Saturdays, and 11:00 on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Located in the pretty small hamlet of Chilson close to the iconic Cotswold towns or Chipping Norton,Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold. The local pub, The Swan is around a 2 miles away and there are a number of fantastic gastro pubs and restaurants in other surrounding villages. The famous cities of Oxford and Cheltenham are around a 30-40 minute drive. If you are traveling by train you will find a direct regular train between London and Charlbury, 3 miles away from The Thatched Cottage.