Three bedroom dog friendly holiday cottage with wood burning stove
July Cottage is a superb dog friendly Cotswold holiday cottage which sleeps five guests across three well-appointed bedrooms. On the ground floor, is a characterful living room with original property features and wood burning stove, a fully equipped stylish kitchen with dining room and french doors leading to a beautifully mature garden. On the first floor, are two double bedrooms, one single room and a modern family bathroom.
This three bedroom holiday cottage in Ilmington is perfectly suited for those looking to immerse themselves in village life and explore the surrounding countryside. The accommodation is laid out as follows:
Exposed wooden beams and stone wall, fireplace with wood burning stove, three-seater sofa, two armchairs, Freeview TV with access to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
Electric oven with four-ring electric hob, fridge with small freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine with milk frother (a few pods provided), kettle and toaster
Dining room with dining table which comfortably seats five guests and french doors leading to the garden and private courtyard
Located under the stairs, iron and ironing board, clothes horse with pegs, dog bed and water bowl
Master bedroom (Sleeps 2)
Double bed, two bedside tables with lamps, built-in wardrobe with hangers, dressing table and chair, fan, hairdryer and full length mirror
Bedroom 2 (Sleeps 2)
Double bed, two small wall mounted bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers, hairdryer, small open hanging space with hangers, bedroom chair and wall mirror
Bedroom 3 (Sleeps 1)
Single bed, one bedside table with lamp, built in wardrobe with hangers, dressing table with drawers, hairdryer and chair and wall mirror
Bath, walk-in rain shower with separate hand held shower attachment, loo, basin and heated towel rail
An enclosed garden is located to the front of the property with mature flower beds and shrubs and gravelled areas, table with seating for four, bistro table with seating for two, bench seat and charcoal BBQ
There is an outhouse which contains a combined washing machine/tumble dryer
Accessed via the dining room is a small private courtyard with a second bistro table and seating for two
The Finer Details
- Bed linen and towels are provided - bedding is hypoallergenic however please note there are some feather filled cushions around the property
- There is free on-street parking readily available in the village and a lay-by for a small car directly in front of the cottage
- 1 travel cot, 1 highchair and 1 baby bath are available on request (please bring your own linen for the travel cot, as this is not provided)
- 1 small well-behaved dog is welcome for an additional £40 per booking per dog. For pet rules, please visit our FAQs
- Strong WiFi (Download speed 25.2 Mbps / Upload speed 6.64 Mbps)
- Mobile phone reception is variable and better outside the property
- Freeview TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime apps (your own login details will be required)
- Enclosed garden
- Charcoal BBQ (guests are responsible for providing charcoal and cleaning BBQ after use)
- Oil-fired central heating system
- Starter supply of wood provided for the wood burning stove and further log supplies can be purchased locally
- This is an old property with character features including slightly uneven flooring on the first floor
- The smoke and CO detectors operate on a sound only basis and, therefore, those who have serious impairment of hearing may not be able to hear the alarm systems and could be at risk
- No smoking or vaping is permitted throughout the property
- The maximum occupancy for this property is 5 guests. Infants do not count towards the occupancy figure, however, due to space restrictions the occupancy can only be exceeded by 1 additional infant
- Hen and stag groups are not permitted
- Commercial, work related and single sex bookings are welcome
- Events are not permitted without prior consent
- A wooden gate is installed to prevent dogs from going upstairs. This is only suitable for dogs and not infants
- A security deposit is required at this property
- Check in is from 16:00 and check out is by 10:00
A security deposit of £250 is required for bookings at this property. This amount will be pre-authorised on your credit card 1 day prior to your arrival date, providing no damage is reported the pre-authorisation will be released 5 days after your departure. For the avoidance of doubt, guests are requested to leave the property in a reasonable condition, consistent with the property's appearance upon arrival.
Booking & Payment
StayCotswold is a marketing agent and therefore does not own any of the cottages listed on our website. In terms of cleaning and maintenance, the properties within our portfolio are managed by a third party property manager or the property owner – your pre-arrival email will contain confirmation and contact details for the person managing your property. Bookings made via us form a legal agreement directly between you and the property owner.
For bookings commencing more than 8 weeks in advance, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking. The balance payment is then due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
All payments are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the standard Booking Conditions.
July Cottage is located in the small yet charming village of Ilmington and the property overlooks the village church and surrounding countryside. Enjoy the luxury of being able to walk to one of the two village pubs, The Red Lion or The Howard Arms and be sure to support the village shop and cafe, offering locally sourced produce and homemade cakes and the best bit, it is run by the local community volunteers. For children, there is a playground and the property has plenty of countryside walking and cycling routes from your doorstep.
For your shopping essentials, the Ilmington Village shop is well stocked or head four miles into Shipston-on-Stour to the Co-op. Larger supermarkets can be found in Stratford-upon-Avon.
You can arrive and depart on any day you like, for 2 nights or more, however if you select Monday and/or Friday as your change over days you will achieve the optimum price.